Saturday, May 1, 2010

Freewrite.

I'm just a simple soul living in a complex society.

I cry diamonds.

Bad guys' eyes

A man is as good as his word so
practice what you preach
if actions speak louder than words,
then
walk the talk cuz
you can read a man's mind based on his actions

I know now that you are not the love of my life
Just a love that changed my life
&showed me all the ways how not to be,
all the ways how not to love,
&everything I did not want in a relationship.

Reminders of how constant things are inconsistent
bay area seasons change as quickly as emotions
even at the most unexpected times,
there's always a chance of sunshine.

&this feeling is like
watching petals fall off a wilted flower
I just wish I'd hear it a time or two
so I try a little bit more than I usually would
maybe a bit more than I should
Whatever "pretty" is

gettin' kinda lonely
cuz I'm tired playin' Matchmaker
&I ain't no suicidal cupid,
so I can't shoot myself.

Your voice still rings in my ears.
In &out of my life like poetry in motion

Some things are just better left unsaid
undone,
just the way you left me.
Instead of getting it together,
growing up& tying your shoes,
you went& knotted my left& right together,
&by undoing the mess you made,
I know that you left cuz we weren't right together.

&it's not like I miss you,
cuz I don't.
&I can't say that I'll call you,
cuz I won't.

&if none of this is making sense,
then I have nothing more to tell you,
because after all,
your mistakes are your best teachers,
&some things are better left unsaid.

love doesn't change
&it wasn't our love that changed
we just
grew out of each other
(puppy love just ends up doggin' you).

My love, my love, my love.
You are the tittles to my i's
the beginning of my demise
of the end of my disguise

we don't finish each other's sentences -
instead we interrupt them
we don't fight
I'm always right.
I still feel the same love I have once felt
I would still give up everything for her
but the difference is -
she wouldn't ask that of me.

No comments: