Monday, July 28, 2008

I just wanna write
write til I finish the ink in my favorite pen
write til my callous is rough& rugged
write til my wrist aches from the curves of my barcode-looking handwriting
write til my feelings bleed onto the paper like some freak accident.
I write
cuz it's easy to control what I say,
when I say it,
&to whom I am saying it.
I have the power to delete, backspace& erase.
When I write,
my silences are never awkward
Pauses are intentional
&I can make you hang on to my words even after they are written
cuz these words have bled into your mind as if it was underneath this sheet of paper.

I read cuz
there is a definite beginning, middle& end.
I can identify the hero &villain
&know the outcome before the story ends.
It's an escape.

I live in my surreality.

No comments: