Saturday, August 9, 2008

This is to you, Holden Caufield.

a little background on the poem. i wrote it for an assignment in February (07) after reading The Catcher in the Rye. It's to Holden Caufield. if you haven't read the book yet, then go get yourself a copy at the library or something.

Fallin' apart
With a bed of concrete to soften your landing
Yeah, I been there.
Lookin' for a friend to be by your side
But all you find is a Scotch& Coke, with a hunting hat to hide behind
Hm, I know how you feel.
Lookin' for love
When females' natural scent is lust
Boy, ain't that the truth.
Exhausted from jumpin' into taxis& catchin' trains to get to the right place
When the streets only let you make left turns
I know, I'm on the same page.
Just watchin' your money fly out the window,
'Cause you're trying to fill that void
Please believe, I'm doin' the same thing.
We're tired of crying out of no where
Fed up with phonies
Done with dealin' with morons with inferiority complexes
Broken from Love
Or more like, the absence of it.
But please,
Don't feel alone
Because regardless the time difference
Leaving aside race or gender,
Despite our separate life stories,
We share the same pain.

No comments: