Sunday, August 3, 2008

Love Happens Nonetheless.

Beautifully bittersweet
Yet I painstakingly pardon you
Through miscommunicated misunderstanding
&misunderstood miscommunication
The only thing that gets us through it
Is Love

Besides the fact that
I've written poems to you, for you& about you
Most of which you don't take out the time to hear
I'm not in it for the chase,
Cuz you& I both understand that
I'm not in it for kicks.
Or clothes& gifts for that matter.
I'm your better half
Matter fact...I'm your better 80%
Cuz the 80-20 rule couldn't be more true

You hold my hand
So I ask if this means you love me
You say, "only for today."
This is the game that we play.

Despite the red Valentine hearts filled with sweets,
I have rotted to the core;
This is more like a Halloween trick without the treat.
purple heart cuz I'm holdin my breath
That stale bubble of air that's stuck in my chest.
I just need to find the right moment
When it's
Okay
To just
Exhale.

Fallen out of love-
Or more like
Climbed out with my bare hands
I don't even like writing about love
&here you got me exposing myself
&left a hole in my walls that you crashed down
So now you're leavin just as fast as you came in.

Now I see,
Through the grander scheme of things,
That God planned to be most present in my flaws& mistakes.
So when he opened up the heavens& sent me thru the fire of you
I gotta get burned, &call it a lesson learned.

I guess its true that
Love was never meant for
You& me

But hey,
This is just another bittersweet love poem written to you, for you& about you,
That you haven't taken the time out to hear.

No comments: