Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sleep (collabo)

Nica:
Did you know... the bullfrog is the only animal that never sleeps?

Kat:
I never sleep because sleep is the cousin of death.

Nica:
Why sleep to escape when life is too great to leave?
I love to live& tomorrow's not promised,
so I - carpe diem cuz I live for me.

Kat:
it's like...
puttin' life on hold until you open your eyes
&I don't...
wanna run away from my problems because
when I wake up from my sleeps;
my feelings are almost always intensified and;
I'm back to square one so my heart never rests;
it keeps beating and even as my eyes shut for long amounts of time;
my head continues to try and fix the problems I had from before these eyes took their rest

Nica:
&what's the point in feeling sorry for yourself& wallowing in pain...
letting sadness weaken your endurance&
allowing your muscles to turn to mush.
I choose to let these negative emotions sink in& simmer,
to condition myself to become immune to the pessimism,
cuz what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger,
&if He put me to it,
then He'll get me thru it cuz
God would never give me anything I can't handle.
Well, maybe I'm not totally immune, cuz as much as I try,
my heart would never harden.
I guess you can say I'm training to be able to cope
& run circles around these fools thinkin' they runnin game.

Kat:
and everyone thinks they got it all figured out.
like they can sleep shit off and things will be easier to cope with when wake
but leave shit to simmer for too long and it'll just burn to a crisp
and no one likes their shit burnt.
I'd much rather swallow my spit and take it like it is
cuz God made me strong and puts me through His tests
and I'll continue to fly through them with flying colors
til the day He decides that enough is enough

Nica:
Cuz I'm in it to win it.
Ya needa go hard or go home cuz nobody gets a break these days.
People sympathize like no tomorrow but when shit hits the fan,
it's me myself &I. My own watch dog 24/7,
so I couldn't sleep even if I wanted to.
I only live once so ima live it to the fullest.
I wanna go out with a bang cuz everyone lives& everyone dies,
but its how you lived& what you died for that people remember you by.

No comments: