Tuesday, October 7, 2008

You& I; Never "Us" (collabo)

Kat:
I've gotten lost in my thoughts of you;
you've found a way to tape my mouth shut and cuff my hands behind my back
-helpless
by simply answering your phone.

Nica:
& the knowledge of it all just puts me on a power trip
being aware of the fact that I have the ability to be thought of as someone special
especially to a person that has the mental
& emotional capacity that deserves it

Kat:
mentally- here's where i'm at
welcome to our world
where between blacks and whites there are purples and lime greens
and- midgets and giants stand side by side
this is where the real people live
where the poets stand high above the ones classified as others
emotionally- here's where i'm at
welcome to my world
where i call you my bestfriend
and- inside; hearing myself place our relationship in the friendship category
just claws at me from the inside out
and- knowing you feel for others is something i just have to put up with
this is where i've chose to live
where you&i stand high above the ones classified as others

Nica:
&I know that cavities don't heal, yet continue to play stupid
Cuz it kills me that
It kills you
So I
Keep you close
Cuz if you're not under the friend category
Then you're just listed as an "other"
So I welcome you to my world
Where I gave you the goggles to see my different shades of purples
The place you stay in my world
Is right across the street from the gated, secured community of heart ache central

Kat:
safety is key; no one likes getting hurt
because cavities aren't fun
so i- look through the gates of this
heavenly resort
i see all these chickens running around with their heads chopped off
they've all been welcomed in and i stand outside, where it's safe
because as soon as they enter those big white gates;
they lose their heads; not that their heads were worth much before they entered anyways
they walk through a mine field making sure to set off every trap on the way to your heart
and always die off right before hello
but me; somehow i've managed to get farther than the rest while standing here
behind these gates
where it's safe

Nica:
playin' hard to get
cuz I'm
hard to get
with good reason.
yeah,
those headless chickens you see-
they did that to themselves
&the gate surrounding them -
I did that,
for the sake of everyone else.
&what makes you& I so cool
Is that
You& I
Can be
You
&
I

Kat:
and it amazes me how we're on the same level
and- you&i have inside jokes about the ignorance that surrounds us on a daily
and- you&i are the first people to know when something is wrong
and- you&i are you&i but

Both:
You& I are never us.

Kat:
simply two independents because it would simply be too much of a hassle for

Both:
You& I to become "us"

No comments: